Duncan from the excellent Bike Train & Lewes Road for Clean Air has been in touch:
“We have a very busy autumn/winter & 2012 ahead with many rides to schools, universities and events, also developing a cycling vision for the Lewes Road, public information on air pollution and feeding into work around the Local Sustainable Transport Fund. Maintaining links with the LAT on this would be excellent.
I’d be grateful if you could include the following information & photos about Bike Train & Lewes Road for Clean Air.Also could you include a link to both our websites: www.biketrain.org www.lewesroadforcleanair.org
Certainly – happy to be of service.
Bike Train is a group cycling project which creates an assertive, hi-vis, safety-in-numbers presence on busy roads, to enable more people to get on a bike and make cycling more friendly and fun.
This Autumn, we are running rides every Friday to Dorothy Stringer & Varndean Schools & Thursdays to Patcham school. From Mon 3rd Oct, we resume daily rides to Sussex University & Brighton University sites along the Lewes Road as well as to various forthcoming events. See dates and other details below.
The School Run:
To Dorothy Stringer & Varndean Schools, every Friday from 9th September
- Depart 8.10am (meet at The Level from 8am)
- Return Ride 3.20pm from Dorothy Stringer entrance
To Patcham High School, every Thursday from 29th September
- Depart 7.45am (meet at The Level from 8am)
- Return Ride 3.00pm from school entrance
The University Run: To Sussex & Brighton University sites – daily from Mon 3rd October
- Depart from The Level at 8.30am & 9.30am
- Return Ride departs 5.45pm from Falmer House entrance
Apple Day at Stanmer Park – Sun 25th September
- Depart from The Level at 11am & Noon
- Return rides depart from Stanmer Park at 4pm & 5pm
White Night Bike Train :Sat 29th October: Cycle into the City Centre and around key White Night sites
- Depart Sussex University Falmer House at 7pm & 9pm
- Depart from Moulsecoomb Library at 7.15pm & 9.15pm
- Hourly rides between from Old Steine to The Level & via North Laine & Cultural Quarter departing on the hour every hour from 7pm
Bonfire Bike Train – Sat 5th November : Mass cycle ride to Lewes for Bonfire Night
- Depart from The Level at 4pm, 5pm & 6pm
- Depart from Sussex University at 4.30pm, 5.30pm & 6.30pm
- Return Rides depart midnight & 1am from Lewes Prison
www.biketrain.org 07944 152706
Bike Train is a sustainable transport project of Lewes Road for Clean Air