Part of the Lewes Road Transport Improvements Project includes funding for bus stop improvements within the surrounding areas. In the last year, this has seen a number of new shelters installed and the council Transport Projects Team are looking for other bus stops in the area which are in need of improvements. They have already identified some and would appreciate it if Local Action teams in the area were able to comment on their suggestions and put forward any other locations for consideration.
Here is their first list – this is an early scoping excercise, and all sites would need further feasibility studies and consultation with nearby residents. The number of sites which will be tackled this financial year will depend on the cost of the works identified, and there will be an opportunity to carry out further improvements in 2013-14.
- · Birdham Road, Moulsecoomb- Staplefield Drive stop
- · Meadowview- Dawlish Close stop
- · Hawkhurst Road, Coldean- Haig Avenue stop
- · Rushlake Road, Coldean- Middleton Rise stop
- · Roedale Road, Hollingdean- Hollingdean Street stop
- · Stanmer Villas, Hollingdean- Hollingbury Crescent stop
- · Queen’s Park Road- Albion Hill, The Hanover, Baxter Street and Queen’s Park Junction stops
- · Down Terrace- Freshfield Inn and Stonehurst Court stops
If you do have any comments or suggestions, please could you respond by Monday 9 July 2012, to Colin Harwood, Room 405, Hove Town Hall Norton RoadHove BN3 4AH Email: email@example.com Tel: (01273) 290219