Here is the latest newsletter from the Lewes Road Local Sustainable Transport Fund improvement scheme. To download it as a PDF click HERE
The Lewes Road Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) improvements move on apace & with thanks to Robin Reed from the council, here is there latest newsletter and schedule of works. (pdf files of each can be downloaded at the foot of this post).
Here is the latest newsletter from the Lewes Road improvement project. A pdf can be downloaded here
Part of the Lewes Road Transport Improvements Project includes funding for bus stop improvements within the surrounding areas. In the last year, this has seen a number of new shelters installed and the council Transport Projects Team are looking for other bus stops in the area which are in need of improvements. They have already identified some and would appreciate it if Local Action teams in the area were able to comment on their suggestions and put forward any other locations for consideration.
Here is their first list – this is an early scoping excercise, and all sites would need further feasibility studies and consultation with nearby residents. The number of sites which will be tackled this financial year will depend on the cost of the works identified, and there will be an opportunity to carry out further improvements in 2013-14.
- · Birdham Road, Moulsecoomb- Staplefield Drive stop
- · Meadowview- Dawlish Close stop
- · Hawkhurst Road, Coldean- Haig Avenue stop
- · Rushlake Road, Coldean- Middleton Rise stop
- · Roedale Road, Hollingdean- Hollingdean Street stop
- · Stanmer Villas, Hollingdean- Hollingbury Crescent stop
- · Queen’s Park Road- Albion Hill, The Hanover, Baxter Street and Queen’s Park Junction stops
- · Down Terrace- Freshfield Inn and Stonehurst Court stops
If you do have any comments or suggestions, please could you respond by Monday 9 July 2012, to Colin Harwood, Room 405, Hove Town Hall Norton RoadHove BN3 4AH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (01273) 290219
The first newsletter from the Lewes Road LSTF Project (pdf download : Lewes Road LSTF Newsletter 1st edition – January 2012 (2) )